Off To Rocky!

On January 31, 2008, in Uncategorized, by Meghan

Today, I thought about some places that were 100 miles away from my house. For instance, it’s 102 or so miles to Manhattan, MT. It’s about 114 miles to Red Lodge, MT. By car, it’s a long drive to each of these towns! That idea makes me laugh, and it makes me really excited. I. Am. So. Excited. Am I successfully conveying excitement with my words? I’m really trying.

In all seriousness, though, I feel ready. Thank you so much for the support along the way! Please send some good thoughts and wishes on Saturday, if you’ve got 1 or 2 to spare. Vince Lombardi said it right, and I’ll be remembering this all day, “Mental toughness is essential to success.”

16 Responses to “Off To Rocky!”

That idea makes me laugh, and it makes me really excited.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yes 100 miles makes me laugh also & I am sure when I get close will be excited…now I just feel like I need to train & get my chitt together 😉

Will be sending u Good Vibes all weekend… Focus IN Time!! Look forward to ur report next week.

it’s crazy, huh?!? i’m not going to argue with that!! but that’s why it’s wonderful. best wishes!

3. Alison says:

We live about 90 miles from Boston. It would be pretty cool to run there and then keep going for 10 more miles. You’ve done some excellent training, though, so I’m sure you’ll do great. You always seem to have a positive attitude, which will serve you well in this kind of venture.

Good luck!! I can’t wait to hear how it goes.

Good luck!

5. jeff says:

woohoo! have a GREAT run, meghan!

Best of luck Meghan! Run hard, run fast and have fun!

7. Mary says:

Meghan, wanting to do the 100 mile race, knowing you can do 100 miles, being prepared for 100 miles is 95% of the battle, now you can go for the “fun” stuff and run the 100 miles! Good Luck – I’ll be sending good vibes all day to you on Sat!

On the way home from my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary in Kansas, as we got closer to the Colorado border I told my son, “We are now exactly 100 miles from Colorado.” And it took well over an hour at 75mph to get there.
    We should be scared, but it’s to gi-normous to comprehend.
    The first time I jumped out of an airplane was also the first time I’d ever flown. Instead if looking out the door and feeling terror, instead it just didn’t look real. It was beyond my ability to perceive, so it was east to jump – until I felt myself falling, of course.
    Have a wonderful, unreal, surreal adventure!

Somehow I never thoguth of it as to compare to routes I know…I think I don’t want to get scared, because once after Miwok 100k a friend took me up to Mt. tam where you can see most of the course, and I gasped – did I just run it, and back again on it??!! No, really, never EVER do I think of it as a distance, only as a little trip with friends:)

10. KendraBo says:

I did the same thing with car mileage before I ran my first 50 miler. I was freaking out and that was only half as long! And it’s so misleading because when you’re running, you’re completely in the mile of the moment.

I’ll be thinking of you, Megasaurus the Great!

Constant Forward Motion! CFM, CFM, CFM!

Have a great run! Run a lot, eat a lot, and drink a lot!

Stay warm!

It is really a great experience to cross that finish line. You have worked hard and trained smart. You can do it!

Trail Scat

12. mtnrunR says:

have fun!!!!!!! oh, tear it up too! 🙂

13. Chelle says:

I’m so excited to hear all about it…good luck and HAVE FUN!

I’m thinking of you right now and sending LOTS of good vibes. I know you’ll do great Meghan – can’t wait to hear all about it!!!

15. robtherunner says:

We didn’t get a chance to meet at Capitol Peak, but I have read your blog from time to time. Good luck at Rocky. You should be around mile 30 by now.

Bob, Audrey, Alison, Danni, Jeff, Michelle, Mary, JeffO, Olga, Kendra, Eric, Tom, Chelle, Beth, and Rob-

Thank you to all of you for the good luck wishes. I took each of them with me on race day, and please know that they helped me!