And The Winner Is…

On March 1, 2008, in Uncategorized, by Meghan

Burning River 100.

Hopefully not much more translation is needed. I thought it would be fitting to post this on my first day of training for this season.

See also the new sidebar I added, which will soon contain my racing schedule. It has just a couple races listed for the meantime, but it will soon fill out.

8 Responses to “And The Winner Is…”

Awesome!

That’ll be nice to follow. I should do the same.
    Are you doing anything at the GTR?

Meghan!!! I got so excited when I saw this race is in Ohio not too far from me and I thought – oh wow – I could go watch and cheer you on!! But alas, I realized that I’m racing in Michigan on the same day. Boooo!! Oh well – you certainly won’t be needing me to achieve all your goals and more! Good luck with the training!

Oh, yes, more translation needed! We need to know the thought processes that lead to this one over another. What made you pick it?

Danni- Thanks!

JeffO- Yes, you should! I don’t know about GTR right now. Are you doing anything there?

Beth- Aw man, how cool would that be to have you as my personal cheerleader? Darn it!

Michelle- Burning River is a rolling, largely single-track course that’s being held at the perfect time of year. I learned at RR100 that I run rolling single-track well, and the timing allows me to get a great training and racing block in between here and there.

6. chelle says:

That’s EXACTLY where Salty lives though….she’ll be psyched to hear you’ll be racing through her neighborhood. And I’m sure she’ll be out to cheer. Depending on my fall life/moving/grad school plans, maybe I’ll come up to throw granola and orange slices at you as well 🙂

7. The Salty One says:

The start is exactly 1.5 miles from my house! I run by the start all the time!!! I have a guest room if you need a place to stay and endless enthusiasm to volunteer to help you on your journey. Just let me know what I can do!

Chelle- That’s EXACTLY what I want! Someone to throw granola at me!

Salty- Ooooooooh, Salty, I’m squealing with delight! I can’t believe how lucky I am to have picked a race that goes by your house, almost. I shall email you!