It Is Very Bad…

On April 5, 2008, in Uncategorized, by Meghan

…, forboth involved parties, to drop this on one’s unshod foot from a height of about 4 feet, especially when:
1. you are within 1 month of completing your Master’s degree and using your computer a lot; and
2. your foot is delicate and run-weary.

Thankfully, my computer appears to be fine. Because my foot has a big egg upon it at the moment, the verdict on it is still out.

10 Responses to “It Is Very Bad…”

ooooohhhh damn.

i am sending virtual ice pack and elevation your way….

2. Roslyn says:

The roof-of-the-mouth injury was odd enough. Now, within the same week, a PowerBook G4 injury? But seriously, I hope it turns out to be nothing that really impedes you.

Ouch! Your injuries are getting so hi-tech now.
    Hope it heals quickly.

You mean you can’t run??!! C’mon, lady, throw that computer away!

Audrey, Roslyn, JeffO, and Olga- Thanks for the support and well wishes!

UPDATE: I am truly a dumb sh*t. The top of my right foot is locally swollen and bruised where the computer landed. I had two runs scheduled for this weekend, one 4 hour run and one 1:30 run. I -cautiously- did the 1:30 run around my neighborhood (so I could limp home if needed) with my foot ace-bandaged and in the most padded sock I have. I spent about 96% of the run trying to figure out if the pain in my foot was coming from bearing weight (which I think would be really bad) or from the pressure of the top of the shoe on the bruise (which I think is less bad). I still don’t know what’s going on exactly, but running definitely didn’t make it worse. And, I just duck taped my laptop to my desk so that doesn’t happen again. I suppose things are looking up.

D-oh!

You tapes your laptop to the desk? That’s a funny image. Sorry.

I’m sorry about your foot. That sounds like something I would do. Except I would have broken the laptop and lost my masters thesis or something.

Meghan! That’s terrible. I hope the injury is just a top-of-foot bruise. Those are painful as can be, but will heal faster than if something is broken. Hope you are better soon!

Suck it up and Get tough ๐Ÿ™‚

Ok, seriously hope ur doing better and the bruise heals fast.

Leslie- “D-oh!” is right!

Danni- Er, the duct tape thing was a joke. ๐Ÿ™‚

Michelle- Thanks and I really scared my clumsy self!

Bob- Oh you think that will work on me, huh?! I ran 25 miles today. Is that tough enough?