The Ridiculous Life of Me.

On May 3, 2008, in Uncategorized, by Meghan

First, THANK YOU for the powerful thoughts, prayers, and energy yesterday. I was so buoyed by my family and friends that I thought I was going to pop right out of the muddy sea of academia.

Next, and most importantly, yesterday’s activities proceeded with flying colors. At graduation in one week, I will be conferred a Master of Science degree. It was a challenging but amazing experience.

Finally, I received a note from the Dreamchasers that I will be racing in the 2009 Marathon des Sables. Now, what kind of craziness is this?

Life is so damn exciting it’s ridiculous. Right now, I feel like the luckiest human being alive.

15 Responses to “The Ridiculous Life of Me.”

Wow, Wow and Wow!! Congratulations on the successful day and the completion of your degree. That is a wonderful accomplishment.

And the Marathon des Sables…holy moly!

Awesome! That’s what I wanted to hear, and knew I would!
    and congrats on de Sables!

Master of Science degree!!!! Woo Hoo, Oh O look out Yellowstone…

Yes Nature is one thing but Science, I bet you can figure out how to make those Bison run in 3 minutes vs 3 hours–LOLOL

Congrats Meghan on yesterdays Preso & Awesome getting into MDS, that is going to be a blast …a “Sand” Blast (ahhhh I just crack myself up–lol)

First off — CONGRATULATIONS! You’re FINISHED! Woohoo! Glad it went well, as we all knew it would! ๐Ÿ™‚

Now, moving along…. MOROCCO! Omygodomygodomygod, I am SOOOOOOOOOOO ENVIOUS!!! Incredible!

That is going to be an amazing experience, how crazy is that? I am so excited for you! And of course, CAN’T WAIT to follow your adventures through the sand vicariously. ๐Ÿ™‚

Grinning broadly for you! ๐Ÿ™‚

anne

5. Thomas says:

Congratulations on the degree, and for getting in MdS. Not a bad day!

You may feel like the luckiest person on earth. We are lucky to have met you and follow your educational and whacky athletic endevors. Contratulations on your Masters!

Take some pictures for us at Marathon des Sables!

Woooo Hooooo!

Congratulations Miss M.S.!!! That’s amazing. You rock.

I hope you want to do the Marathon des Sables and it wasn’t a gratuitous recruitment :p That was the first “ultra” that every caught my eye — I think it’s going to be amazing. I’m so excited for you!

You ARE the luckiest girl alive – because you FEEL this way! Congrats on Master and MdS. Say hi to Lisa.

THAT IS SO AMAZING!!! Congratulations on the new letters you can put after your name ๐Ÿ™‚ I am so proud of you-I’ve been reading your blog for years so I’ve “seen” you studying for finals and writing papers so many times. It’s wonderful to see everything come to frution.

10. jeff says:

okay. wow. we all knew you’d pull off the event with ease and grace. that was a given. but it sure is exciting now that it’s over! yay you!

but the big wow is mds. i mean, i thought costa rica was a great experience, but you are going beyond epic into the realm of uberepic.

awesome, awesome news, meghan!

11. Kendra says:

Luck has nothing to do with it! I am so glad to bop in and see things on a high. Go, Megalopolis!

Okay…that race?! THAT IS CRAZY!!!! But wow – congrats on the wonderful opportunity. I can’t wait to “follow along” with all your training for it!!

And HUGE congrats on your masters and upcoming graduation. What a major accomplishment in the midst of all the other things in your life. YIPPEEE!!

13. The Salty One says:

Yeah Meghan! I’m glad everything went well.

And how cool you get to run in such a unique and amazing event! The 100 miler in little ol’ Northeast Ohio won’t be nothing compared to that!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for the congrats and nice words. So, thank you! You all have made my days!

Meghan

15. chelle says:

Awesome news, all of it. I can’t believe I’m going to actually know someone in that race. Crazy…what an amazing and epic life you’re crafting for yourself. Make sure you’re taking notes for the book…or is that what a blog is for!