Dear Mother Nature,

On May 21, 2008, in Uncategorized, by Meghan

Is today’s weather just a cruel joke, or did you perhaps forget to turn on the “spring” button for Montana and Wyoming (You know, TWO MONTHS ago when it said “spring” on the calendar.)? Was it really necessary to dump upon us a few inches of snow today? The biting wind and the below freezing temperatures, was all of that needed as well? Oh yeah, and what about the ridiculous forecast of 4 to 10 more inches of snow in the next day or two?

I don’t mean to be rude, but we have all patiently awaited “spring” for much longer than we should have to wait. Running through ankle deep snow and slush, wearing winter clothes (Including a hat and gloves!), and enduring a sleet-filled wind was not what I had in mind for my May 21st trail run. Simply said, enough is enough.

From a stir crazy trail runner,
Meghan

7 Responses to “Dear Mother Nature,”

Why you could join us here! Our precipitation comes in the liquid form. Yesterday there was so much of it that I ended my run saturated – my clothes dripped for an hour. Hard to believe it was 95 on Saturday and so gray and rainy now. However, the definition of spring in WA=Rain. I’m so not surprised!

Ugh! Luckily, since I live in the “banana belt” of Montana, it is just cold and rainy and not snowing.

OH MEGHAN – YUCK!!!! I wouldn’t necessarily call it warm here in PA but now I know how lucky I am because at least it’s not snowing?!?!! I think you need a visit/vacation to the south!! 🙂

Tuesday was my first taste of sweltering heat. I’m reminded why I prefer cold. Send it this way!

Aaakkkkk!

6. The Salty One says:

Yikes! I thought Cleveland was bad at 50 degrees, windy and gray!

Aw, thanks, y’all! I’m still dying here! The weather is horrendous!

Michelle- Wow what a big change in weather you had!

Danni- Aren’t you further north, like almost in the tundra? I’m glad, though, that the weather isn’t disgusting for you! Have fun in Cali!

Beth- Oh, don’t you know it! Please, just warm and dry, that’s all I’m begging for!

JeffO- Let’s switch. I’ll take the sweltering heat, you take the May snowstorm.

Eric- yep!