Kettle Moraine Photos and Final Thoughts

On June 15, 2008, in Uncategorized, by Meghan

This entry has become somewhat overdue.

I didn’t exactly take any photos. Ok, I took two of Tom and Bob finishing the 100k in the dark and rain, but neither of them turned out. So, I’m linking to Bob’s and Rick’s photos, which they both dutifully took and posted. Thanks for letting me mooch, gentlemen!

Bob’s photos

Rick’s photos

I can’t say enough about what a great time I had in the state of Wisconsin. First, I spent a day with a college friend, Scott, being a tourist in Milwaukee. Then, I spent the race weeked with Bob, Rick, and Tom. I had a great time eating Milwaukee’s best breakfast food with Scott, giggling with Bob about his racing adventures, pushing the post-100 mile hobbled Rick around town, and discussing music with Tom. While I did have to go through a bit of testosterone decompression after returning home, these were four fine gentleman to spend time with. Thanks!

7 Responses to “Kettle Moraine Photos and Final Thoughts”

What is Milwakee’s best breakfast food?
    Glad you had a great race and great trip.

2. rick says:

You also tried to carry me on your back from the restaurant to the car Sunday lunch. How you were able to lift me off the ground after running a 100k the day before I’ve no idea, I’m not exactly light. I thought you were kidding the whole time. Kind of stopped my whining for the rest of the day…kind of.

3. kelly says:

Meghan, I found your blog write-up on TCC and was wondering if you could give me any advice about training and what to take with me. I am running it in 09, and it will be my first stage race. I know you said that it took awhile for you to recover and I wanted to know what you did to train and how would you have changed your training. Thanks so much!!

Nice! The blister pictures are pretty awesome. Those were some blisters your friend got.

I have that whole same outfit ๐Ÿ™‚ Except the top I don’t wear because it looks awful on me. Perhaps I should send it to Yellowstone.

Did you by chance go to the Safe House in Milwaukee? That’s a fun/weird place for sure.

Looks like good times, good times!

Speaking of which…I have a proposition for you! Don’t be scared, I don’t sell Amway! It’s waaaay better than that. Drop me a note at:
    lesinbanffathotmaildotcom

Thanks for putting up with da boys… it was a fun weekend,…u have a great Laugh Meghan ๐Ÿ™‚

what about the “TV Game”–haha you, me, you, me, Tom, Me (the “opera” episode with Tom & I was a riot )

Keep on smiling & Laughing, oh and get ur butt back to training for the next big dance!

Hi y’all!

JeffO- I can’t recall the name of the place, but it was some amazing breakfast!

Rick- Oh, I was just trying to show off a little. And, yeah, it didn’t really stop you from whining. Kidding! Just kidding!

Kelly- Hi! Thanks for visiting and ohmygosh you’re going to have a great time at The Coastal Challenge. I left my email for you over on your blog.

Danni- We should run together and wear the same outfit! ๐Ÿ™‚ I can’t remember where we ate, but it was sooooo good!

Leslie- It was some great times. And, I’m thinking some more fabulous times are a-brewing ahead… perhaps, perhaps? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bob- How could I have forgotten the most hilarious opera game? OMG, that was so funny. I’m laughing out loud just remembering. I had such a great time with you, and I can’t wait to do it all again soon!