Long Running Weekend Statistics

Number of times I felt afraid due to seeing bears: 0
Number of snakes seen: 2
Number of times I yelped due to a snake lying on the trail: 1
Number of gels consumed: 12
Number of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches eaten: 2
Number of s-caps swallowed: 3
List of other observed animals: 1 coyote, 2 deer, dozens of elk, a few humans, 1 osprey, and a dead bison
Number of toenails lost (In fairness, this toenail was already on its last leg.): 1
Number of times a stranger in the coffee shop pointed out my lost toenail: 1
Approximate number of ounces of Ultragen consumed immediately after runs: 100
Number of post-run creek submersions: 1
Number of ice baths: 3
Number of achy body parts that could have potentially become injured: 2
Number of injuries avoided due to awesome recoveries: 2
How I’m feeling right now: Fatigued, awesome, happy, healthy, and ready to do it all again this week!

14 Responses to “Long Running Weekend Statistics”

1. mtnrunR says:

it is just amazing on the wildlife that you see. i am envious. although, not seeing too many bears near would be ok with me. but i guess that is why you carry your pepper spray.

god bless you meghan. you are a running animal!!!!! πŸ™‚

Sounds like a good weekend all around! Our neighbors (ages 67 and 65) got married in their backyard and had a big bbq. I overheard another neighbor whisper to his wife “Did you see Michelle’s toes?” Her reply “Why were you looking at her toes?” Cracked me up. Apparently four half-nailed toes with various blisters healing is noticable!

4. Iris says:

Sounds like the best of weekends Meghan! So glad the weather has finally improved for you to get out there.

Number of times you said Number: 24 πŸ™‚

ahhhh I am such a wise ass huh, come on that was kinda funny?! huh?!(smoooch)

Great list and love the Ice Baths, way to keep focused on ur recovery as much as you do on ur running, Congrats on a great 4 days!! Keep it going!!

hmmm Number of bear spray cans carried: 1

might need one of those cans for GTR

Awesome!!! I’ve still never seen a bear in the great outdoors.

7. Bec says:

You seriously rock!

71 miles! Meghan on safari in Wyoming/Montana. Sounds like you are ready for your next grand adventure!

9. rick says:

Number of times I got scared reading about bears on this post: 3 (one for each bear)

Ah the ice baths, it’s been awhile, I could use one or a dozen. Nice running, 71 miles over 5 days!

Holy cow Meghan – that is NO joking around!!! Awesome 4 days!!! πŸ™‚

Here’s my favorite:

“Number of baby pronghorn antelope that I sufficiently scared the crap out of (And I mean this literally.): 1”

I laughed aloud at that one!! πŸ™‚ Happy recovery!

Hi y’all!

Tom- Everyday I hope that my can of bear spray will be the most useless 8 ounces I lug around. πŸ˜‰

Audrey- Thanks, girl. You know I’m just running for you, too, since you’re all gimped up still.

Michelle- So funny about whispering neighbors!

Iris- The weather is finally on our sides, and I hope you are also enjoying every last drop of it!

Bob- Number of minutes it took you to count the number of “numbers” in this post: 12 πŸ˜‰

Danni- I’m sure your turn is immanent with all the forest galavanting you do!

Bec- Aw, how nice of you! Thanks! And thanks for visiting and commenting.

JeffO- Gettin’ there, still some more work to do. πŸ™‚

Rick- Number of times you need to man up after reading this post: 1 πŸ˜‰

Beth- Thanks! Miraculously, I feel awesome!

Aaaaah….until next weekend…!! It’s all good as long as it is you scaring the crap out of a critter, not the critter scaring the crap out of you!

What a fun post! I love statistics. πŸ™‚ The post-run creek submersion sounds deliciously good. Ahhhhh! Nothing like it! However, the thought of consuming 12 gels is sounding quite repulsive. I had to go back and read again that this was over four days. Whew. 12 gels in 4 days, that is more reasonable.

So glad you are feeling healthy and injury free! YAY! (Except for the 2 square inches of sunburned skin, which is always a nice touch. hee hee!)

anne

Hi again!

Leslie- You’re exactly right!

Anne- I eat so many gels; I’m sure it would disgust you. I won’t even tell you how fast I go through a box of 24 gels.