Monkeying Around

On July 3, 2008, in Uncategorized, by Meghan

Sometimes I wake up and re-realize that my life is just an over-sized, sand-box digging, teeter-tottering, grown-up playground, and I can hardly believe that this is real life. Does this happen to anyone else; does it ever occur to you just how damn good your life is? I’m off to monkey around some more, and I hope all of you have a great holiday weekend as well!

(A white-headed capuchin monkeys around in Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica, February, 2007.)

10 Responses to “Monkeying Around”

No, what shocks me more is those days I look around and realize that I am a grown-up. I mean, how did that happen? How did that boy I married turn into an almost 52 year old man? How did we end up the parents of young adults? Holy-moly! I still think of myself as that 21 year old girl (only way fitter!)

My life is awfully good. But I wish I had gone into the sciences :p

3. Alisha says:

Amen! Sometimes I definitely wonder what I did to deserve everything I have…. it’s amazing!

4. rick says:

I think that when I’m in the Marin Headlands looking back at San Francisco. How did I get to be a runner (always hated running) and what am I doing here on top of a hill miles from home without bus fare?

I think where you live is pretty cool and wild though, with all those animals and the Bridger mountains close by. An outdoor adventure on the long runs close to home.

I don’t need to die and go to heaven. I’m already there.

yup, i’m been monkeying around forever…hope I don’t run out of peanuts ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a safe 4th weekend!

OK, I’m reading between the lines here and see that you want to be a member of the Mad Monkey Runners. I’m going to need to start a list. I think you are number 5 or 6 to become an official member.

I used to tell our kids that I wrestled gorillas during the day when I was at work. I guess I’ve always been a mad monkey.

Can’t wait to hear about your next adventure!

Cheers!

8. Leslie's Keith says:

Gee Meghan…It’s a beautiful day here, and i can’t decide what to do in the Playground…Sandbox, teeter-totter…mmmm, sand, teeter-toters, adult sized playground…..Mountain Biking…yep…sounds like Mountain Biking! off for a ride…

Keep Smiling!

Keith

Happy Monday everyone!

Michelle- I love how you say you’re way fitter now than at 21. That’s great. And, funny comment about Eric. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Danni- :p yerself on that comment.

Alisha- Ohmygosh you have it so good! Every time I read your blog you’ve been to another European country. Life is great for you!

Rick- The part about finding yourself far from home without bus fare was pretty funny. ๐Ÿ˜‰

JeffO- Yep! You have it good, living and playing in those Colorado mountains.

Bob- Don’t worry, I’ll keep a stash of nuts so all of us can keep monkeying around. ๐Ÿ™‚

Eric- I do want to be a Mad Monkey runner, so long as there isn’t some crazy initiation ceremony like running 32 summits or hanging from monkey bars for 5 hours. Count me in!

Leslie’s Keith- Hope your mountain bike ride is great today! And, throw some sand in Leslie’s shorts as long as you’re playing in the sandbox, ‘kay? ๐Ÿ™‚

Go out and play, y’all!

10. mary says:

Meghan, You have some amazing races coming up – The Trans Rockies and the Marathon des Sabes!! Wow!!! Hope you keep having fun and training hard!