Off To Burning River

On July 30, 2008, in Uncategorized, by Meghan

I wish I had time to post more than this brief snippet, but life is currently moving at a harried pace.

Tomorrow morning, I’m off to run the Burning River 100. I’m so excited, on so many levels! I’m excited for the race, thrilled to spend time with family and friends, and happy to explore a new place. I’m also elated to be done spinning on my bike in the bathroom sauna.

If anyone is in a stalking mood (Just kidding, please feel free to follow my progress!), there’s a race webcast and I’m Bib #104.

See you on the other side of 100 miles!

22 Responses to “Off To Burning River”

I'm also elated to be done spinning on my bike in the bathroom sauna.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hahaha

Ok Meghan you go kick some Burning River butt… Live webcast is bookmarked and "stalking" will be on from FL πŸ™‚ Have a great time with ur family & Friends !!

Happy OVER Packing and catch up with ya tomorrow!!

2. rick says:

Have a great time with the family at Burning River. Remember to smile no matter how uncomfortable it gets even later in the race, no need to scare or worry them:) Look like you’re in a beach in Maui, all smiles and keep that face relaxed. Make them wonder how you can look so good while others are struggling to keep it together. Puke down the trail later if you have to. Ok no hurling, I was just kidding about that, gotta keep all those liquids and nutrients in.

No stressing, you’ve put in the time on your hard runs and sauna training. Don’t forget your caffeine, hope you never use it but if you need it you’ll be glad it’s there. Never stop eating, drinking and taking your salt tabs. And lastly and this is mental, never stop believing in yourself and if you make any mistakes move on, don’t dwell on it and don’t berate yourself. You don’t need you on top of everything else on your shoulders. Keep morale up, keep your mind in the run, run smart and everything else will follow.

Whew ok I’m done:)

3. Thomas says:

Enjoy your time and have a great race!

4. jeff says:

smooth and strong, meghan.

and remember, it can never always get worse. at some point, it’ll get better. sometimes when you finish, sometimes when you die, but it’ll get better at some point. πŸ˜‰

Have fun!
    Your mindset has momentum. Stay positive! Don’t worry – be happy! I’ve seen so many people have things go wrong and amazingly adjust without a shrug. When things go wrong, just remember – running is simple. Just go. You can do this!

Remember – smart and steady! It may get worse, trust me, but you’ll still love it, especially afterwards:) Smart is the word for the day!!!

Good luck!!! You are going to rock!

Hell, yeah! You are going to run 100 Miles!

9. kelly says:

Have a great race, Meghan! Stay focused and keep your mind on the goal. I will “stalk you from Ca.”

Hi y’all!

Guess where I am?

Nope, keep guessing…

I’m stranded in the Detroit, MI airport after a canceled flight! The landing gear broke on our airplane and we had to have a super careful landing. All turned out well, except that I’m in the wrong city.

I will get to Cleveland on time to run, no doubt. They’ve promised me I’m on a morning flight out of this place.

The good news I just carbo-loaded on Coca Cola and pizza with my fellow stranded passengers. The bad news is that this is my second straight night of no sleep (The first night was my regular graveyard shift and work, and the second night is now.).

I’m still ready to run on Saturday! I plan to spend all of tomorrow catching up on sleep!

Thanks for all of the positive comments. I’m superduper appreciative!

Meghan

Oh my gosh Meghan!!! Luckily the Detroit airport is really nice with lots of food options. At least that’s what I remember. Try to go to bed early tonight.

Ok Meghan your doing great… 30 miles to go!!! CLose it out!!

13. Leslie's Keith says:

20 miles left!!

Been “Stalking you on line form ‘nowhere Montana’…and you’re doing great!! 20 to go, and looks like things are going you way!…Way to go!

I’ll check final in the morning…

(Missing some great thunderstorms back home….)

Have agreat finish!

Keith

14. The Salty One says:

Meghan’s one tough cookie! She did it!!!!! She slayed the beast!

Hopefully, she’s sleeping now πŸ™‚

yahoo! Congratulations, Meghan! You did it! Whee! Can’t wait to hear about it. Hope you are sleeping soundly and recovering smoothly today!
    anne

Congrats Meghan…way to get it done!

17. rick says:

Congratulations! I hope you are happy about this race, that you ran the race you wanted to run and you are coming away feeling good about everything. Regardless of how things came down and after all those challenges that you went through before the race, you finished. I hope you get to enjoy some good eats, get lots of rest, and recover well. Shucks witnessing your success makes me want to do another 100 this year, I’m sure a run will cure that, haha, oy. Congrat

Awesome work lady!!!

19. Holly says:

Congratulations Meghan! Maybe you can become a millionaire by selling DVDs that detail how to create personal saunas for training.

20. Die Erleberin says:

When I read this first, I thought you were off for 100 kilometres, but then I noticed you in the US measure everything in miles (which makes the distances longer) and feet (which makes the mountains lower).

I hope that you had a great time at the week-end, and I really loved the photographs from your 7 1/2-hours training run.

Running greetings from Germany πŸ™‚

Yeah!! You really ripped it up! Way to go!

Bob, Rick, Thomas, Jeff, JeffO, Olga, Danni, Leslie, Kelly, Leslie’s Keith, Salty, Anne, Holly, and Die Erleberin,

Thank you so much for your thoughts and support before, during, and after the race! You all are the best!

Love,