From One Adventure To Another

On August 21, 2008, in Friends, Racing, by Meghan

At this moment, my life is filled with so much adventure that I don’t know what to do with myself. I am already juggling multiple adventures, yet even more are being tossed into my arms. Every single one of them is a blessing that I dare not turn away. And so, the grateful juggling will continue! Some recent highlights:

Rick and I enjoy the northern end of the Bridger Mountains.

1. Coaching cross country for my fourth year!
2. Out-of-town company and some local explorations.
3. An epic 17-hour day in the backcountry of the Teton Mountains!
4. A much less epic (read: shorter) but still stellar day in the Bridger Mountains.

Next up is the TransRockies Run in the high country of Colorado, where Leslie and I are paired as Team Banff-Yellowstone Trail Trash. Beginning Monday, we’ll spend 6 days galavanting in the mountains. My goals for this this vacation: to perfect the Canadian “Eh?” via Leslie (and her hubby Keith who is volunteering at this race), to avoid the post-race puking that I am becoming known for (or at least manage to simultaneously puke and smile should the puking occur), to photograph Leslie running in her undies (Have a looksee at Leslie’s blog if this reference makes no sense.), and to just generally have a fabulous time doing what I love most.

Just before this race begins, I’ll turn 30 years old, which I consider to be an adventure of its own accord. This will be my first race in a new age group, and I think I’m going into my thirties with a bang!

And still, there’s more up ahead. Big adventure. Big! So big I can’t get my mind wrapped around it yet. But you’ll have to wait a bit to find out. Have a great 12 days, all!

15 Responses to “From One Adventure To Another”

You’re so cruel! Sounds like great fun is being had. Awesome! I’m jealous of the TRR — how freaking fun!!!

2. rick says:

Have a great time at TransRockies! You are entering 30 with a huge bang.

3. CoyoteGirl says:

The 30’s are great! You’ll rock the TransRockies. Say hi to Leslie for me.

Goodluck!

Wow, we won’t hear from you for 12 days??!! Well, you have a bang of a birthday then, and prep yourself to type a lo-o-ong report when you’re back!

Happy birthday Meghan!! And best of luck at your race! So… 30 years old ‘eh?! πŸ˜‰

6. jeff says:

ooh! have fun at transrockies! i’m sooo envious!

that leslie looks kooky. you guys are going to have a BLAST!

Happy Birthday and give Leslie a squeeze from the Barnes family! Have a blast!

Best of luck to Team Trail Trash! Bring home some prize money!

And happy birthday! You’ve been 29 for long enough now!

Danni- I’m not cruel! πŸ™‚ You can email me and I’ll tell you, I just wish to keep the news off my blog for a bit longer. Thanks!

Rick- Thank you! I’m kind of scared of my 30s if it’s all going to be like this! Exhaustingly wonderful! Where does the sleep happen? πŸ™‚

Coyotegirl- Thanks! I’ll take good care of Leslie! Thanks for visiting by the way. πŸ™‚

Olga- Maybe I can contract my reporting to you? You write great reports! Thanks, girlie!

Beth- Thanks, eh?!

Jeff- Leslie does look kooky, doesn’t she? I can’t wait, thank you!

Michelle- I’ll squoze her for everyone, even if she tried to squirm away! Thanks, Michelle!

Eric- Thanks, Eric! Actually, 29 went by so fast I feel like I’ve hardly lived it. It was a huge year!

Thanks everyone, be well!
    Meghan

THIRTY! Alright! Thirty rocks. You will love it. And of course the new age group is a fantastic bonus as well. πŸ™‚

Oh, man, you’re off to your next adventure before we can even hear about your epic day in the Teton backcountry? [*sniff*] So envious. πŸ™‚ But so excited for you! Have an awesome time at TransRockies! Yahoo!

anne

i think you share my b-day, or close to it πŸ™‚ i turned 28 23 minutes ago!

have fun on ALL of your adventures!!!!

30? I can’t remember back that far!
    Since I’m 48 and still going as strong as I ever have, your 30’s are going to probably be the best decade of your life – way better than your 20’s.
    Happy birthday!

Congrats on 2nd place! You two kicked some BUTT!

14. saschasdad says:

Okay, I don’t think I ever heard any puking stories that happened over the last week. I think those of us who did puke had waaaaaaaaay more fun.

It was a true pleasure meeting you, Meghan. I hope you and the crazy Canadians had a safe drive home today!

Anne- Thanks! I hope to post Teton adventuring pictures sometime soon. I’m a little backlogged at the moment. πŸ™‚

Audrey- I think your birthday is one day before mine. Hope you had a wonderful one! Thanks!

JeffO- Such a pleasure to have met you last week! Thanks, and I’m looking forward to my 30s, actually!

Sean- It was awesome to spend time with you as well. You were too busy telling puking stories to listen to anyone else’s I suppose. Hah! I only almost puked once at TransRockies, no good grossness. πŸ˜‰

Thanks all,