Oh, did you think I was done with my TransRockies Run posts? I promisepromisepromise that, after this post, I am moving along to new topics!

After the running part of the week ended, the fun wasn’t over. The TransRockies Run folks royally spoiled us runners with a fancy dinner and awards banquet. Hors d’oeurves, beer, dinner, dessert, and awards at the Beaver Creek Hyatt Hotel were all included! It was a sweet reward for all the week’s hard work! Enjoy a few photos documenting our celebrations:

All the finishing teams are gathered in the front of the room for photographs.

Please note that, in this photograph, I’m surrounded by reallyreallyreally fast people. Maybe I gained some of their fastness by osmosis? Also, you should click to enlarge this photo because there are several really funny things going on.

Leslie dances with the group.

Because she didn’t dance enough out on the course, Leslie gets everyone square dancing. And, boy, do I mean everyone! Luckily, this saved us the embarrassment of standing around strangely.

Bryon and Sean invent new libations.

Bryon Powell (left) and Sean Meissner (right) show off their nuun margaritas. Yes, that’s a sombrero, also known as a BSD (Butter Storage Device) or an IOI (Indicator Of Intoxication). Yes, you’ll also notice a handlebar mustache in the photo. We were all as confused as you are, about all of it.

Hanging out at the party

My nuun tainted beer is almost gone and so is Leslie. Only teasing, darling! Well, sort of. I have no idea what Sean is befuddled about.

Tequila for everyone!

Because we didn’t indulge enough at the banquet, we then went to a nearby bar. Bryon, Keith (Leslie’s hubby, in the middle) and Sean toast the week with tequila. Can you see that Keith is double fisted? Shortly after this, Bryon and Sean went on to have a jumping contest. Oh yes, they held a jumping contest. The contest didn’t prove much except for the fact that intoxicated white men still can’t jump.

Happy!

Keith, Leslie, and I waiting for the shuttle bus back to our hotel. We are happy people, even though it is very late!

The TransRockies Run is an outstanding experience in which I feel so greatful to have participated. I bonded so strongly with my teammate, met and reconnected with a ton of outstanding people, and had a tremendous running and racing experience. While all of this was happening, the TRR organization took perfect care of us, down to the very last of details. The running camp bar has been set infinitely high by this 2008 Running Camp. However, we have 2009 Running Camp in the works, so I’m hoping we’ll set the bar even taller. Thanks to all of you who helped make this such a great experience!

18 Responses to “TransRockies Run Report Conclusion: The After Party And Final Thoughts”

1. Trail Goat says:

For the record, I’ll have you know that I donned the sombrero when I was stone cold sober. It was, however, later worn by numerous intoxicated folks… including myself.

Oh, what a week! What a night!

oops posted from my Solar blog-lol
    “““““““““““““““`
    intoxicated white men still can’t jump.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Haha

Great Re-cap Meghan,what an experience!!

Now get your butt packing it’s getting close to moving time—Change baby Change, did I tell you CHANGE is good πŸ™‚ so good!

3. Jacques says:

Meghan Dearest:

I fear your blogging prowess has so raised the bar…that my lovely “Res-Rie” will have a hard time matching quality and content without blowing her neuro-transmitters!

Maybe she should just ‘cut and paste’!

Great Work!

Hi To All You Trans Rockies Friends we met along the way!

Keith

4. Leslie's Keith says:

Oops…forgot to change the ID on the computer I just ‘liberated’ at the trade show…better go give it back now that there’s an e-trail to me…

KB

What’s up with Sean’s facial hair? Meg, I loved the report and the pics, and that one “last before last” where you smile and don’t want it to end, and the words behind it…so true. Way to live life!

6. jeff says:

did they comp your entry? they totally should have because i can’t imagine someone reading all of this and not wanting to run it.

GREAT race and fantastic recap, meghan!

7. rick says:

Nice recap of the whole event. It looked like so much fun! Running, hanging out with good people and enjoying the scenery – a trailrunner’s dream. I’m glad you had one big party before the big move.

8. saschasdad says:

Yeah, well, I think I won that jumping contest. I think…

Olga, are you jealous of the handlebar stache? Well, it’s gone now. Sorry.

Fun!!! I definitely want to do this event. I just need to find my own ass bearing partner.

10. Trail Goat says:

Sean, I’m pretty sure we BOTH lost that jumping contest. πŸ˜‰

Bryon- I even wore the sombrero, which definitely indicates that the device is an Indicator Of Intoxication. Definitely.

Bob- Thanks for making me feel stressed about moving by reading my own blog’s comments. Nice friend!

Jacques/Keith- At first, I was all, ooooh I like the name Jacques. Who is this fine Quebecois fellow? Then I see it’s you, which is even better! Hi! You better crack the blogging whip on the wifey! She’s wayyyyy behind. πŸ™‚

Olga- I dunno, Sean just showed up one day at camp with a new facial hairstyle, and the rest was history. I’m actually kind of sad to hear he shaved it because I liked it in a weird sort of way! πŸ™‚

Jeff- I’m glad you enjoyed reading about this race! You should run it someday!

Rick- Indeed, a trail runner’s dream! What a fabulous week of play!

Sean- As the referee of that jumping contest, I have no recollection of who won it. Sorry, but I was too busy laughing at the two if you. Oh, the handlebar mustache is gone? I’m sad!

Danni- Yes, do this race! It will change your life in the best of ways. πŸ™‚

Bryon- As I mentioned above, I can’t remember who won. It was so funny to watch that I forgot to see who jumped the highest.

Be well and smile, all! Thanks for reading!

Meghan

LOL – There are indeed a few funny things going on in that one photo!! Bryon is drooling on my shoulder and Sean is…is…..is an angry biker dude disguised as a runner? A man who is going to rule and conquer the universe?! Either way, he is certainly #1!!!

I forgot about the square dance. That was silly! My only regret is not doing the “mexican hat dance” with y’all….

Next time.

13. E-Speed says:

wow what an amazing experience! I am super jealous πŸ™‚ Sounds like you had a great time and were able to get in some amazing running!

14. saschasdad says:

Atta-sunshinegirl! I like that you can finally admit that I am, indeed, #1!! Bryon did a lot of drooling that week…

Powell, yeah, you’re right.

Res-Rie- Hi! For some reason, I find that picture hilarious! First, there’s the sombrero-wearing Bryon poking his head out and drooling on you. Then there’s angry biker man Sean doing his thing. Then there’s Martin, who looks positively young and wasted. Next, there’s the Saab-Salomon guy yawning and looking bored with the whole extravaganza. You are obviously saying something really important. I’m sure there’s more and I just can’t remember. And the square dancing was fabulous, thanks for saving us!

Elizabeth- Positively great running and other play! Don’t be jealous, just do it next year. πŸ˜‰ Just kidding, you already have a ton of adventure ahead with your marathoning. Thanks, girly!

Sean- Oh Sean, don’t worry, you’re always a winner in our eyes, even if you lose the race. πŸ˜‰

Wow, Keith and Leslie look SOOOO inebriated!
    Now I don’t know what looks like more fun – the running or the party?
    And it was all in my own backyard while I worked in Denver.

What a grand race and a grand time! Looks like soooo much fun.

18. GO Solar in Palm Beach County says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    awww… well Good Friends keep it real right?!!

Tick Tock, Tick Tock πŸ™‚