Post MdS Thank You And Welcome!

On April 7, 2009, in Racing, by Meghan

The Sahara Desert (from http://www.darbaroud.com/index_uk.php)

This first Marathon des Sables (MdS) post will be short and sweet. Perhaps, though, it’s the most important post!

THANK YOU to all of you for your support during the Marathon des Sables! This was a remarkable experience, and it was infinitely enhanced by all the friendship, love, and support of family, old and new friends, and even perfect strangers.

Also, WELCOME to all of you who are new visitors to my blog. It seems that I’ve acquired a new set of readers as a result of MdS, so please make yourselves at home.

The details of MdS are already becoming a helter skelter jumble of images, thoughts, and emotions in my head, so I’m anxious to begin documenting the experience here. Over the next few weeks (I’m sure it will take that long.), I will post writing and pictures about my two weeks in Morocco. It was a helluva ride out there, and I’m hoping my reports will roughly equate the experience for all of you back home.

THANKS again and WELCOME!

Tagged with:

11 Responses to “Post MdS Thank You And Welcome!”

1. Bryon Powell says:

Meghan,
    Thanks for sharing your run with so many… and congrats, again!

2. Kevin says:

Congratulations Meghan and welcome home.

Woohoo you are awesome!

I’m real interested in what you carried for supplies and how they held up. Seems like you would be starving during the whole event.

I’m not surprised that you did so well! You are a superb athlete with a strong determination to succeed. I’m sure most of your success stems from shoehorning your bike into your small hot house bathroom in Wyoming. I realize it was over a year ago but who else in this race had done that? Way to go!

5. bec says:

Meghan,
    I followed your blog pretty consistently until about the time you headed to California. Then, life got the way and I didn’t keep up with you.

But, when I heard about your success at MdS, I wanted to pop over and add my congrats to the list…

Exceptional prep, exceptional job, exceptional person!

Very, very impressive.

I look forward to reading your review and catching up on the past number of months.

Congrats again!

That was some cool following, don’t know how you’ll top it off:)

You were/are amazing Meghan!! Huge congrats. I can’t wait to hear all about it and see the pictures! So impressive and so inspiring! 🙂

Welcome home, Meghan! We are so excited for you! Congratulations on a truly epic adventure. We are, of course, eagerly awaiting the many tales to come! Hope you are getting rested up!
    anne

Congrats on killin’ the course! You and Bryon were both incredible! Very, very inspiring.

Hail the Queen!

Bryon, Kevin, Danni, Eric, Bec, Olga, Beth, Anne, Jeff, and Leslie,

Thank you for your support! You all are the ones who rock!

Meghan