All I Want For Christmas

On December 17, 2010, in Work, by Meghan

Some people are moved by the spring wildflowers of the Hite Cove Trail, near Yosemite National Park (March, 2010).

This will be short and sweet because my Christmas list has on it only one item.

All I want for Christmas is to move you (Worry not, I have no plans to climb through your computer screen and give your jammy-wearing self a little nudge.). I just want to move you with my writing.

I want to create some phrase, sentence, or story that causes you to think, feel, or get your physical move on. I don’t need you to like me (But, if you do, that will mean a lot, too. I am a sensitive girl.). In fact, if I write with enough truth, you might sometimes be moved to dislike me for a while.

I’ve written for a long time, as long as I can remember. But in 2011, I will title myself by what I do, bravely telling people when they ask my profession, “I’m a writer.” And, I’ll work with all the good determination and ethic that my little self possesses to do that one thing: move you.

Wish me luck!

Tagged with:

12 Responses to “All I Want For Christmas”

1. Sara says:

Nice! I love your writing, and figure the world always needs more truth.

2. SteveQ says:

Best of luck with the writing! I just responded to your winter poem with one of my own.

3. Gretchen says:

I’m pretty sure you’ve already made that Christmas wish come true, many times. Just so you know. But it’s good to keep doing it, again and again. And, I fully feel your scariness and excitement about putting “writer” out there as your profession. That is so awesome, Meghan! Huge, in fact! I can’t wait to read everything you ever write! ๐Ÿ™‚

Best of luck to you in your endeavor Ms. Writer!

You have moved me – and much of it is the clutter of people you surround yourself with (so I guess you don’t get all the credit). Life is hard, but I think it was probably meant to be. If life was easy, we probably wouldn’t have much incentive to try so hard or feel forced to be brilliant. Since I have gray hairs, I have some right to lecture. I’ve always said you can’t build a house with one brick (one decision or event does not set your life), and also, you can’t turn on excellence like a light switch; it has to build momentum. You’re doing it, Meghan.

Wow, JeffO, you are wise beyond your years…oh, wait, you are exactly that old! ๐Ÿ™‚ Great comment.

7. Leslie says:

Wild thing I think you move me but I wanna know for sure…..
    All this time I thought it was Olga who was wise beyond her years…here it’s JeffO lurking in the background. ๐Ÿ™‚

G’luck on the newest crooked trail!!!

8. Paige T. says:

You do move your readers, and you will only continue to do so with even greater fervor in the coming days, weeks, months, years! You are super talented and I, for one, love to read your writing (even though I’ve been falling way behind on my bloggy reading lately, I always make sure to catch up on your stuff :)). Here’s to a supremely fabulous Christmas and new year, Park City Writer!

You are a great writer and I am often moved by you.

10. Nick says:

You are better than most writers because you show passion for what you do and love. Writing takes on a whole new meaning when it is written by you, its like a whole new world just opened up and is ready to be explored. We can’t wait to hear more of your fantastic writing!! Merry Christmas!!

P.S. I am sure whatever you write will move us!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Friends, I love you all. And I sure am grateful for your support. I hope you’ll forgive my late comment, but I was on Christmas vacation with my family. Playing and eating, playing and eating. Thanks for being my support!